BREAKS!!



6;30AM geez I’m  forty five minutes late already, I need to leave now! Oh wait I still have to shower – do I have any clean briefs? Oh no forgot to shave last night! Sigh! Its Friday? Ahhrgh its Friday and I haven’t written my blog entry… okay so can I quickly shave, Iron my pants and write my blog entry before I leave in…..10 minutes.. hmmn.. okay, I think I can do this.. oh shoot mum is calling.. I told her I would give her a lift to the airport at 6:15am , should I answer the phone? Yes shes your mother and she’ll understand either-way, answer the phone. .  . but then I won’t be able to shave and iron. Okay. I’ll call her on my way out oh wait, I’ll just take a cab. . . I if take a cab instead of driving I’ll get extra thirty minutes and I can make the phone calls and I can spear-hand the blog entry on the way to the island. . Perfect. . . okay. . oh my God! Look at that extra bulge on my belly, seriously? Come on Biodun, did you really need that extra glass of milk? BRIEFS! – You need to wash some – Okay – I’ll just buy some on my way out. I am wearing one anyway. Now just concentrate on getting out the door. oh crap! I forgot to call my editor back. Another phone call for the cab. Dammit , she’ll think im the biggest flake ever. Okay editor first then mom, then underwear. . . what am I forgetting? Ugghh what , eerrm what is it!!

Okay you know what STOOOOOOOOOPPPP!!!!



Stop, just stop. Take a moment and just breathe..

I remember a stern line from a move that reminds me that life comes at you fast, flows through your entire being and tries to express itself in every way possible, it’s a lot like lightning.

With these brief seconds in life I need to stop the searching, an overflow of drive and motivation could have you avoiding the beauty in living. Living is here and now.. There’s that need to understand and appreciate all that you have been given . . . so just stop

Will the real world even care? All the news in the media, my life flashing before tv screens, the endless meetings. A subtle whiff of relief.

If i just sit here. . .  now . . . with uncensored thoughts and feelings… unencumbered intensity oozing out of my every pore. Milk still spinning in the glass I just stirred as my mouth is soon filled with nourishment.. I’d still live..

I am abundant in this.. but it is my soul that yearns.

If I stop with the chattering distractions of “stuff’ , cease the to-do-list’s, the have-to’s and relationships and deadlines. . . all these things of great importance. .  I get this moment, this person, this honesty, this chance to connect with myself I’ll realize the human in the human. The perfectly flawed self.. but still do I break my intended circle.

We are not enslaved to our lives like we say we are. We forget that these are opportunities, chances for us to experience our beings..

.. .. .. .. ..  .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

This article was inspired by Allison Mack a person I hold to high esteem..

~~BIODUN LAARO~~


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.

 

Behind The Scene

BasicPulse is written by Paul Uduk.


If you are new to the blog, a good place to start is the description page and a list of the six essential ideas held on the blog.

Join Our Readers

Get Posts in Your Inbox

Featured post

On Being Remarkable