3 things to consider before you get your next/new suit

I have been on a quest to get me a suit for some time now. Being what misspurpleheart classifies as a "rectangular" body type in her article (read here). And being quite skinny I must add! It's been difficult finding a suit that doesn't make me look like a boy in daddy’s suit... So I decided to embark on a quest to get me a suit.
My adventure led me far and wide through suitsville and I thought it would be nice to share a few things I learnt from what I found.


Off-the-rack vs. Tailored.
There are a number of absolutely important things to have in mind when getting a suit regardless of your size. However the first thing to consider is should you get an off the rack suit or tailored suit? Answer: Tailored!
Even when you have no option but to get an off the rack suit, have that tailored too. We will discuss the reason as we go on.
 
Fit suits according to your body type.
Regardless of your body type, be sure that whatever suit you wear fits. This is why tailoring your suit is the best option! For the purpose of this article we will categorize men into Hunks, Slim & Tall and Grounded Guys. And give a few tips to help you get that perfect suit!
 
Hunks: Men in this category have a repute for exuding sexiness due to exaggerated muscle mass that come from genes(you didn't hear it from me) or extra time in the gym.
For such guys, this is for you!
·         Since your body type fits into most things, it would be pointless to mention BE SURE IT FITS!
·         Avoid light colours, they make you look bigger!
·         Opt for thin fabric. There's no need to add the extra weight that comes from heavy and thick fabric! We love you just the way you are.
·         You can get away with suits that are not tapered at the sides.
 
Slim & Tall: Guys that can eat everything and still maintain a slim figure *urs truly* fall under this category. Here are your tips!
·         Make SURE its fits! We don't want people thinking u stole your father's suit for that special occasion.
·         Light colours such as grey are your friend.
·         Say No to vertical stripes: I recall once when I wore a vertically striped shirt. Everyone commented on how I lost "soo much" weight (not that I had any of it) and how tall I had gotten. Since then, I stuck to horizontal stripes. That's the illusion. Vertical stripes make us seem taller and slimmer. And I have never come across a horizontal stripe suit.
·         Opt for heavier fabric. They make you look fuller.
 
Grounded Guys: These guys have their heads closer to the ground that the rest of us. Even when they are standing straight with their heads facings the sky!... Who doesn't love a person who is soo grounded? Here are your tips
·         Stay away from cheques.
·         Double-vent suits are especially for you!
·         You can perfectly pull off a vertical stripe suit. It directs the eyes of on-lookers upwards thereby giving the illusion that you are taller.
 
Walk the Part.
It would be almost completely pointless to incorporate all these tips only to wear your suit and walk as through u have the world on your shoulders. Stand tall and exude genuine confidence! Also, you can wear a smile! its free :D and it compliments anything! Even your gorgeous suit!
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.

 

Behind The Scene

BasicPulse is written by Paul Uduk.


If you are new to the blog, a good place to start is the description page and a list of the six essential ideas held on the blog.

Join Our Readers

Get Posts in Your Inbox

Featured post

On Being Remarkable