On Curiosity

One of the most agonising things about writing is coming up with (all the) answers to the queries that initiates writing in the first place. For the nonfiction writer the pain is double fold, as the tenet which guides (inexperienced) practitioners of this craft is simply this: you must come up with answers.



Yet nothing serves as a greater impediment to the joy of writing than the insistence that all the answers must be at the end of all our writing projects. Most times following the queries that initiate the urge to write in the first place, leads us not to answers but to more questions. And this can be a good thing. To be able to move from one question to a better question is the finest measure of curiosity.

The impulse for answers is, of course, important. Without it we run the danger of encouraging writing pieces that lack definitiveness. But pursuing the facts that inform answers to our queries has to exist in a space where coming across more questions (at the end) is embraced. The important thing to know is: Curiosity isn't about getting the right answers, it is about asking the right questions. And (the right) questions might be all there is even after making it through all our facts-informed-answers.

Enjoy!



Question(s) of the Week: What tends to dampen your curiosity, and how do you keep your curiosity alive?


Thank you for reading this piece on BasicPulse. Do you have questions, suggestions or comments? Please, leave them in the comment section below. Remember to leave your email in the subscription box below to get updates straight in your inbox. Be remarkable!

14 comments:

  1. An intriguing discussion is definitely worth comment.
    I believe that you should publish more on this
    subject matter, it may not be a taboo matter but usually
    people don't discuss these issues. To the next! All the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously love your site.. Very nice colors & theme. Did you make this
    amazing site yourself? Please reply back as I'm attempting to create my very own website and would like to know where you
    got this from or just what the theme is called.
    Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This information is invaluable. Where can I find out more?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This design is steller! You obviously know how to keep a
    reader entertained. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my
    own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Great job. I really enjoyed
    what you had to say, and more than that, how you
    presented it. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep on working, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I came to give it a look.
    I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
    Superb blog and terrific design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular post!

    It is the little changes that will make the greatest changes.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't even know the way I ended up right here, but I assumed this put up used to
    be good. I don't recognize who you are but certainly you are going
    to a famous blogger when you aren't already. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like it when people get together and share opinions.
    Great website, stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!
    Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really
    well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post.
    I will certainly comeback.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Generally I do not read article on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to try and
    do so! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, quite
    nice article.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are really fantastic ideas in on the topic of blogging.

    You have touched some nice points here. Any way keep
    up wrinting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Highly descriptive article, I enjoyed that a lot. Will there be a part 2?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment.

 

Behind The Scene

BasicPulse is written by Paul Uduk.


If you are new to the blog, a good place to start is the description page and a list of the six essential ideas held on the blog.

Join Our Readers

Get Posts in Your Inbox

Featured post

On Being Remarkable