A Personal Note: On Doing What You Love? Always Produce


In an article I think everyone should read, Paul Graham addresses how to do what you love. I like to re-read the article every now and then to pick up gems I may have passed in my previous reads. The idea to always produce something to further my original contribution to the world is one that has stayed with me. 

Today, I had a marathon read of the posts on Basic Pulse and felt a mixture of pride, inspiration and embarassment. The embarassment resulted from reading posts that I felt could have been made better in a number of ways. I decided against editing them -  perhaps a future me will read this post and see ways to improve it. The posts stand as testaments to the improvements that come from always producing - especially when in pursuit of being (or producing) better

Always producing does more than make you better at what you produce. It will ensure you stay useful finding what you love, and to borrow from Paul Graham, it will discover your life's work the way water, with the aid of gravity, finds the hole in your roof.


.......................................... 
Post Author: P. W. Uduk
..........................................

Question: What is the best advice you have heard for doing what you love? Please share with me in comments. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.

 

Behind The Scene

BasicPulse is written by Paul Uduk.


If you are new to the blog, a good place to start is the description page and a list of the six essential ideas held on the blog.

Join Our Readers

Get Posts in Your Inbox

Featured post

On Being Remarkable